The Cebu to Bohol ferry schedule typically offers multiple daily departures. Travelers can choose from various operators, such as OceanJet, 2GO Travel, and SuperCat.
Bohol, with its Chocolate Hills and white sandy beaches, is a quick ferry ride away from Cebu, one of the Philippines’ bustling urban hubs. If you’re planning a day trip or a long stay, getting there by ferry is convenient and scenic.
Different ferry companies operate the route, providing tourists and locals flexible travel options to fit various itineraries and budgets. Schedules are subject to change, so always check the latest timings before your journey. Booking tickets in advance is advisable, especially during peak travel seasons, to secure your preferred travel slot and avoid long queues at the port. Your adventure to Bohol’s pristine natural landscapes and rich cultural experiences begins with a simple ferry ride across the Cebu Strait.
How To Get To Bohol From Cebu?
The journey from Cebu to Bohol is a common itinerary for travelers seeking to explore the beauty of the Philippine archipelago. The gateway to this tropical paradise is often a ferry ride, which offers a scenic transit across the Cebu Strait.
Let’s sail into the specifics of making this exciting trip.
Choosing The Right Ferry Service
Several ferry companies offer routes between Cebu and Bohol, each with its own timetable and level of comfort. Here are a few aspects to consider:
- Ferry Type: Several options are available, including fast crafts and larger, slower vessels.
- Travel Time: Depending on the ferry type, travel time can range from 1.5 to 4 hours.
- Frequency: Some services run several times a day, while others may have a limited schedule.
- Amenities: Many ferries offer snacks, air-conditioning, and comfortable seating. It’s worth checking in advance.
Booking Your Tickets
To ensure a smooth departure, it’s important to secure your ferry tickets ahead of time. Here’s how:
- Online Booking: Many ferry companies allow you to book tickets online, which is convenient and can save time.
- Travel Agencies: Local travel agents can handle bookings if you prefer a more personal touch.
- Pier Ticket Booths: If you’re more spontaneous, you can purchase tickets directly at the pier, but note that high-demand trips may sell out.
Getting To The Pier In Cebu
Your adventure starts with reaching the pier from which your chosen ferry departs:
- The most common departure point is the Cebu City Pier. Reaching it is straightforward, as it’s well-connected to the city.
- Taxis and ride-hailing apps are a popular and direct method of transportation to the pier.
- Public transportation options, like jeepneys and buses, are an economical choice if you’re traveling light and have more time available.
What To Expect On Board
The short journey across the sea can be a memorable part of your travel experience:
- Ferries come equipped with seating areas that cater to various preferences and budgets, from standard seating to VIP lounges.
- You can often find refreshments and snacks available for purchase, allowing you to enjoy local flavors while taking in the ocean views.
- Throughout the journey, take the opportunity to snap photos and perhaps even spot marine life in the Cebu Strait.
Arrival In Bohol
Upon reaching Bohol, the island immediately offers its charm and attractions:
- Tagbilaran is the primary port of Bohol, providing easy access to the island’s popular spots.
- As soon as you disembark, there are numerous transportation options, including tricycles, taxis, and tour services, ready to take you to your next destination.
- Don’t miss the chance to consult local guides or information centers about tours and highlights, ensuring you make the most of your Bohol adventure.
Oceanjet Cebu To Tagbilaran Bohol Ferry Schedule
Cruising the azure waters between Cebu and Bohol is a breathtaking experience made convenient by OceanJet ferries. The company prides itself on punctuality and comfort, offering tourists and locals alike a reliable mode of transportation. With the OceanJet ferry, the journey across the Cebu Strait becomes a scenic delight, framed by the comfort of their well-maintained vessels.
Departure Times And Frequency
OceanJet provides a robust schedule to accommodate travelers:
- Early Morning Departures: OceanJet kicks off with ferries departing as early as 6:00 AM, ensuring that early risers get a head start on the day’s adventures or important engagements.
- Midday and Afternoon Services: With ferries available at several intervals from midday until the late afternoon, flexibility is at your fingertips for both spur-of-the-moment trips and carefully planned itineraries.
- Last Trip of the Day: The final ferry usually casts off around 6:30 PM, catering to those who wrap up their daytime business or choose to travel during cooler hours.
Each trip typically lasts about two hours, which is just perfect for enjoying the sea breeze and the horizon stretching out before you.
Ticketing Options And Boarding Procedures
Choosing the right OceanJet ticket is straightforward:
- Open-Air / Tourist Class: For those who love to feel the ocean breeze directly, an open-air seat provides an immersive experience at a budget-friendly price.
- Business Class: Comfort seekers can opt for business class, which offers more spacious accommodations and additional amenities that make the journey smoother.
- Online Booking and Onsite Purchases: Passengers can conveniently secure tickets through OceanJet’s website or by visiting the ticketing office at the pier, with options for one-way or round-trip travel.
To ensure a hassle-free boarding process, it’s recommended to arrive at the pier at least one hour before your departure time. This allows ample moments for check-in, security procedures, and finding the best spot to settle in for the journey ahead.
By any chance if you want accomplished accommodation in Cebu, there are so many to check.
Oceanjet Tagbilaran Bohol To Cebu Ferry Schedule
Traveling from Bohol to Cebu has been made convenient thanks to the reliable ferry services offered by OceanJet. The journey across the sea connects Tagbilaran City in Bohol with the bustling urban landscape of Cebu City, providing travelers with an accessible and scenic route between these two popular destinations in the Visayas region.
Departure Times And Frequency
- Daily trips availability: OceanJet boasts a flexible schedule with multiple departures throughout the day.
- First ferry departure: The break of dawn welcomes the earliest ferry, allowing passengers to make the most of their day in Cebu.
- Last ferry departure: As dusk settles, the final ferry sets sail, perfect for those concluding their Bohol adventure.
Ticketing Options And Classes
OceanJet caters to a variety of preferences with its ticketing options, ensuring that you can travel in the style that suits you best.
- Standard class: Budget-friendly travel without compromising comfort.
- Tourist class: Enhanced seating for a more relaxing journey.
- Business class: Top-tier amenities for those who wish to travel with extra luxury.
Advance Booking And On-site Purchases
Planning your trip is smooth sailing with OceanJet’s user-friendly booking options.
- Online booking: Secure your spot on board in just a few clicks.
- Physical ticket counter: Purchase tickets at the port for added flexibility.
Tips For A Smooth Ferry Experience
Before setting off on your maritime journey, consider these helpful suggestions to optimize your ferry travel experience:
- Arrive early: Aiming to be at the port at least an hour before departure can provide peace of mind.
- Be weather-wise: Considering the maritime climate, it’s prudent to check weather conditions ahead of time.
- Keep travel documents handy: Ensuring quick access to necessary identification eases the boarding process.
Oceanjet Ferry Fare Rates 2024
Traveling from Cebu to Bohol has become more convenient and comfortable, thanks to the OceanJet ferries. With their up-to-date vessels and consistent service, they’ve become a top choice for both tourists and locals alike. But before you plan your trip, let’s look at the latest fare rates for 2024, so you can budget accordingly and enjoy your travel without any surprises.
Standard Class Accommodation
OceanJet offers a variety of accommodations to fit different budgets and preferences, and the Standard Class is their most economical option. If you’re looking for a cost-effective choice, this is the way to go. The fares are budget-friendly and include all the essential comforts you need for a smooth crossing from Cebu to Bohol.
- Regular Fare: OceanJet has kept the rates reasonable, allowing you to allocate more of your budget towards exploring the sights and indulging in the local cuisine of Bohol.
- Students and Seniors: There are discounted fares available for students with valid IDs and senior citizens, helping them travel more often and explore the beautiful islands of the Philippines.
- Children’s Fare: Young travelers aged 3 to 11 years get a discounted rate, ensuring families can travel together without breaking the bank.
- Infants: For the tiniest travelers under 3 years old, there is a minimal fare charge, which makes it easier for families with infants to travel.
Tourist Class And Business Class Rates
For those looking for a notch above the standard comfort level, OceanJet’s Tourist and Business classes offer upgraded amenities. With more legroom and additional services, these options are perfect for travelers who prefer a bit more luxury on their voyage.
- Tourist Class: This option gives you more comfort with additional space and better seating arrangements, ideal for longer trips where you want that extra ease.
- Business Class: In the Business Class, travelers can enjoy the highest level of comfort, priority boarding, and other premium services provided by OceanJet. It’s suited for those who don’t mind spending a bit more for the best travel experience on the water.
Remember that regardless of the class you choose, it’s always advisable to book tickets in advance, especially during peak travel seasons, to ensure availability and avoid any hassle. So grab your tickets, pack your bags, and get ready for an exciting seafaring adventure from Cebu to Bohol with OceanJet!
Supercat Cebu To Tagbilaran Bohol Ferry Schedule
Discovering the majestic beauty of Bohol from Cebu has never been easier, thanks to the reliable and frequent ferry services provided by SuperCat. Enabling travelers to traverse the azure waters separating these two gems of the Filipino archipelago, the SuperCat ferry offers a blend of comfort, speed, and punctuality.
Their schedule is designed to accommodate both early risers and those who prefer to travel later in the day.
Understanding The Supercat Timetable
- Morning Departures: The early bird service sets sail briskly at 5:50 AM, perfect for making the most of a full day in Bohol.
- Midday Voyage: Catching the midday sun, ferries glide across the water at 11:00 AM, allowing for a leisurely morning before departure.
- Late Afternoon Sailing: Departing at 4:45 PM, this option is ideal for those who want to wrap up their day in Cebu before heading to Bohol.
- Evening Crossings: The last ferry of the day leaves at 6:35 PM, catering to business travelers and tourists alike who prefer evening travel.
Remember to check the latest schedule as times can vary, especially during holidays and peak seasons.
Booking Your Supercat Ferry Ticket
Securing a seat on the SuperCat ferry is straightforward, with several convenient options available to suit every traveler’s preference. If you enjoy the simplicity of online bookings or the personal touch of a ticket counter, SuperCat has got you covered.
- Online Reservations: Quick and hassle-free, booking your ticket through SuperCat’s online portal lets you reserve your spot with just a few clicks.
- Walk-in Purchase: For those who are spontaneous or have flexible travel plans, tickets can also be bought at the ferry terminal on the day of travel.
Bear in mind that during peak travel times, it is wise to book your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
Before You Depart
Savvy travelers know that being prepared is key to a smooth and enjoyable ferry journey. Here are some quick tips to ensure that your trip from Cebu to Bohol is as seamless as possible:
- Arrive Early: Aim to be at the ferry terminal at least one hour before your departure. This allows ample time for check-in and any unforeseen delays.
- Travel Documents: Ensure you have all necessary travel documents, including your ticket and a valid ID, to avoid any hitches at boarding.
- Baggage Allowance: SuperCat allows each passenger to carry one piece of luggage up to 15 kg. Check their website for details on excess baggage fees and restrictions.
By following these simple guidelines, you’re setting the stage for an exceptional and stress-free voyage to the captivating island of Bohol.
Supercat Tagbilaran Bohol To Cebu Ferry Schedule
Explore the efficient SuperCat ferry service for seamless travel between Cebu and Bohol. Check the up-to-date schedule online to plan your island-hopping trip effortlessly.
Traveling from Cebu to Bohol has never been easier thanks to the convenient ferry services available. Among these, the SuperCat ferry offers a swift and comfortable journey across the sea, connecting Tagbilaran, Bohol to the bustling port of Cebu. Let’s dive into the details of the SuperCat ferry schedule, ensuring you can plan your trip with ease and confidence.
The early hours of the day mark the beginning of SuperCat’s voyages from Tagbilaran to Cebu. For those eager to make the most out of their day in Cebu City, catching a morning ferry could be the perfect start:
- First departure: 5:50 AM – Arriving in Cebu in time to catch the sunrise.
- Second departure: 11:00 AM – Ideal for travelers who wish to have a leisurely morning before setting off.
On-board Amenities And Services
Stepping onto a SuperCat ferry, passengers are greeted with a range of amenities designed to make the sea crossing as pleasant as possible:
- Comfortable seating: Arrive rested and ready to explore.
- Snack bar: Tempt your taste buds with a variety of snacks and refreshments.
As the day progresses, SuperCat offers additional trips for those who prefer to travel later. These afternoon ferry rides provide flexibility and the chance to enjoy a full morning in Bohol before departing:
- First afternoon trip: 1:45 PM – A smooth transition into an evening in Cebu.
- Last trip of the day: 4:15 PM – Catch the sunset on the waves as you journey to Cebu.
Ticketing Information And Reservations
Getting your ticket for the SuperCat ferry is straightforward. Ensure your seat on your preferred travel date by considering the following options:
- Online booking: Select your seat from the comfort of your home.
- On-site purchase: Ticket booths are available for last-minute arrangements.
Embarking on a journey between Cebu and Bohol is a scenic and efficient experience with the SuperCat ferry service. By understanding the schedule and offerings, you can seamlessly integrate this transport option into your travel itinerary, ensuring a stress-free adventure across the Philippine seas.
Keep this schedule handy, and you’re all set for a swift sail to your next destination!
Supercat Ferry Fare Rates 2024
Cruising through the azure waters from Cebu to Bohol has never been more organized than with SuperCat Ferry. In 2024, the ferry service continues to offer not just prompt and safe maritime travel but also clear and straightforward fare rates for its diverse passenger types.
If you’re planning a quick getaway or a regular commute, understanding these rates is key to a seamless journey.
Standard Ticket Pricing
With a reputation for reliability and comfort, the SuperCat Ferry has segmented its pricing to accommodate various passenger needs:
- Adult Fare: Each adult passenger is charged a standard fare for a one-way trip on the SuperCat Ferry. The rates are competitive, ensuring travelers get value for their money.
- Children’s Ticket: Children aged 3-11 years old enjoy a discounted fare, making family trips more budget-friendly.
- Senior Citizens and PWD Discounts: In compliance with Philippine law, senior citizens and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are entitled to a fare reduction upon presenting valid IDs.
Additional Fees And Charges
Of course, ferry travel comes with ancillary costs that passengers should be aware of:
- Terminal Fee: A nominal fee charged by the port authority, which is standard procedure for all ferry services in the Philippines.
- Insurance Fee: For added peace of mind, a minimal insurance fee is included in the ticket cost to ensure passengers are covered during travel.
- Baggage Policy: Standard ticket prices include a specific baggage allowance, with additional fees applicable for excess baggage to accommodate those extra souvenirs.
Booking Options And Discounts
The ease of booking a SuperCat ferry ride has been enhanced through various avenues:
- Online Booking: Passengers can conveniently book their tickets online, often enjoying early bird discounts and avoiding long queues at the terminal.
- Group Rates: Traveling in a group can be more fun and wallet-friendly, as SuperCat offers special rates for group bookings, making coordination hassle-free.
Payment Methods Accepted
SuperCat has adapted to the digital age, ensuring passengers have no trouble with payments:
- Cash Transactions: While traditional, paying in cash remains a widely used and accepted form of payment.
- Electronic Payment Options: Recognizing the shift towards a digital economy, SuperCat accepts credit/debit card payments and mobile wallet transactions for a smoother ticket purchasing experience.
Navigating the waters between Cebu and Bohol is a breeze with the up-to-date knowledge of SuperCat’s fare rates. Armed with this information, you’re all set for a stress-free sea adventure.
Sample Cebu – Bohol Itinerary
Planning your adventure from Cebu to Bohol? Our guide details the latest ferry schedules to ensure a seamless trip. Discover the convenience of sea travel and craft the perfect Cebu-Bohol itinerary with our expert insights on timing your journey.
Morning Departure: Catching The Early Ferry
Waking up with the first rays of the sun, you’ll find the calm sea beckoning as you prepare to embark on an adventure from Cebu to Bohol. The ideal start to your journey begins with the early morning ferry, allowing you to make the most of your day.
A fresh morning breeze awaits travelers eager to set sail, and the tranquility of the ocean at dawn provides a serene backdrop for the excited chatter of passengers.
- Early bird advantage: Capture the essence of Bohol with ample time for exploration by catching the first ferry.
- Breakfast on board: Enjoy a light meal amidst the gentle maritime ambiance, energizing you for the day ahead.
Lunch In Tagbilaran: A Taste Of Boholano Cuisine
After the comfortable ferry ride, you’ll find yourself in Tagbilaran, the charming capital of Bohol, just in time for lunch. This is the perfect opportunity to dive into the local flavors, with a selection of eateries offering traditional Boholano dishes that will excite your palate.
- Local dining spots: From cozy corner cafés to bustling eateries, every option promises an authentic taste of the region.
- Popular dishes to try: Savor the savory peanut kiss of kare-kare or the zesty spice in kinilaw, testament to the rich culinary heritage of Bohol.
Afternoon Adventure: Exploring The Chocolate Hills
The picturesque Chocolate Hills, an iconic natural wonder, stand proudly in the Bohol countryside, inviting you to discover its majesty. As you traverse the rolling terrain, the surrounding landscape provides a stunning canvas of endless green that morphs into cocoa-brown during the dry season, a must-see for any traveler.
- Scenic viewpoints: Reveal the hills in all their glory from numerous vantage points, giving you picture-perfect memories.
- Eco-adventures: Engage in activities like ATV rides or nature treks that bring you closer to this geological masterpiece.
Evening Return: Journey Back To Cebu
As dusk approaches, the golden hour mirrors a day well-spent, and the return to Cebu signals a gentle close to your adventure. The evening ferry provides a different perspective, with the horizon painted in hues of fiery orange and calming blues.
An excellent time to reflect on the day’s experiences, the voyage back is one of quiet contemplation under the emerging stars.
- Sunset cruise: Witness the sky’s transformation as day turns into night; a breathtaking view from the ferry’s deck.
- Restful ride: Unwind in the comfortable seats as gentle waves rock the ferry, transitioning you back into the city’s embrace.
Top Activities & Things To Do In Bohol
Embarking on a journey from Cebu to Bohol is streamlined with the regular ferry schedule, ensuring a seamless transit for tourists. Once in Bohol, visitors delight in exploring the Chocolate Hills, encountering tarsiers, and basking on Panglao Island’s pristine beaches.
Explore The Chocolate Hills
The Chocolate Hills are a must-see attraction when you visit Bohol. Picture yourself standing atop one of these symmetrical mounds, surrounded by over 1,200 other hills that stretch as far as the eye can see. The experience is truly like stepping into a storybook, where the hills turn brown in the dry season, resembling vast fields of chocolate truffles.
Not just a feast for the eyes, the site offers a physical challenge, with the option to bike or hike up to the viewing deck for a stunning panoramic view.
Visit Tarsier Sanctuaries
Bohol is synonymous with the tarsier, one of the world’s smallest primates. To meet these tiny, nocturnal creatures with huge, adorable eyes, you’ll want to quietly walk through one of Bohol’s tarsier sanctuaries:
- Tarsier Conservation Area: Learn how these delicate beings are protected and spot them clinging to branches in their natural habitat.
- Philippine Tarsier Sanctuary: Support conservation efforts while watching tarsiers in a space that closely resembles their wild environment.
- Corella Tarsier Sanctuary: Engage with local guides who share fascinating insights about tarsier behavior and characteristics.
These sanctuaries are not just about seeing tarsiers up close; they’re also about understanding and participating in the preservation of this remarkable species.
Cruise Along Loboc River
Picture yourself on a traditional floating restaurant, cruising down the emerald-green waters of the Loboc River. As you glide along this tranquil waterway, local musicians serenade you with Filipino folk songs, and lush tropical greenery lines the riverbanks. This cruise isn’t just leisurely and romantic; it’s an immersion into Bohol’s serene natural landscape and vibrant culture.
Make sure to enjoy the local cuisine offered on board as you soak in the picturesque views.
Discover Panglao Beaches
Bohol’s Panglao Island is lined with exquisite white sandy beaches, where you can unwind and soak up the sun. It’s clear why these beaches are regarded as some of the best in the Philippines:
- Alona Beach: Dive into its crystal-clear waters or relax on its powdery white sand. Alona Beach is also a hub for dining and nightlife.
- Dumaluan Beach: Perfect for families seeking tranquil shores and shallow waters. The beach’s long stretch of sand offers plenty of space for sunbathing or beach games.
- Doljo Beach: Explore its rich marine life with a snorkeling session and discover a quieter atmosphere as the sun sets on this less crowded beach.
Each beach in Panglao offers a distinct vibe, ensuring there’s a sandy shore to suit every kind of beachgoer.
Experience Historical Sites
Bohol takes pride in its rich historical heritage, evidenced by the centuries-old churches and landmarks that tell stories of its past. Delve into the island’s history by visiting:
- Baclayon Church: Admire one of the oldest stone churches in the Philippines, known for its religious artifacts and stunning architecture.
- Blood Compact Site: Visit the monument commemorating the first treaty of friendship between the Spanish and Filipinos.
- Punta Cruz Watchtower: Explore this ancient Spanish watchtower that offers commanding views of the sea and is a testament to the island’s historical defense.
The history of Bohol is etched into these sites, each a chapter of a story extending through centuries of culture and tradition.
Engage In Eco-adventures
Bohol is an eco-adventurer’s dream, offering a plethora of activities in the heart of nature. These experiences not only provide thrills but also showcase the island’s commitment to sustainable tourism:
- Habitat Butterflies Conservation Center: Witness the colorful flutter of butterflies and learn about their life cycles in an immersive garden environment.
- Danao Adventure Park: Embrace adrenaline-pumping activities like zip-lining, cable car rides, and bungee jumping, all while being surrounded by breathtaking landscapes.
- Rajah Sikatuna Protected Landscape: Hike through this biodiverse area home to unique flora and fauna, providing a serene escape for nature lovers and bird watchers.
Each adventure in Bohol is carefully crafted, allowing you to appreciate the natural wonders while maintaining respect for the environment.
Navigating the waters from Cebu to Bohol is a breeze with the right ferry schedule. Your trip planning is now simpler, ensuring timely, stress-free travel. Always check for updates directly from ferry providers. Safe travels, and enjoy the stunning vistas of Bohol!